Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful for My Friends ~ Scripture Thursday

I have not stopped giving thanks for you,
remembering you in my prayers.
Ephesians 1:16

Do you have special people in your life that you’re thankful for? I sure do! Outside of being thankful and grateful for my family, I have special friends that the Lord has brought into my life. I am very grateful for them. We do things to help each other and compliment each other in areas where one is weak and the other stronger. I can think of many times my friends have gone out of their way to help me just because they wanted to.

I have received surprise packages in the mail, had my flower garden weeded, meals brought at just the right moment, handmade cards, just because gifts, bouquets of flowers from their personal gardens, the gift of time which is very precious to me. The most treasured gift that I can give my friends and they can give me is prayer. I am very grateful when I know my friends are praying for me, and likewise they are grateful for my prayers. I like this poem below by Helen Steiner Rice about friends.

People need people and friends need friends,
and we all need love, for a full life depends..
not on vast riches, or great acclaim,
not on success or on worldly fame,
but just in knowing that someone cares
and holds us close in their
thoughts and prayers.
Helen Steiner Rice



Thanks for stopping by today my friends.  I'm grateful for each and every one of you.   Have a blessed day.

3 comments:

  1. I'm thankful to have YOU as a new and special friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful for you and such a lovely post, reminding us all that we are not alone - God is ever present in a tangible way through the prayers and ministry of others. Bless you - and what a lovely card!

    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly thankful for you, Abby! You have been such an encourager and a true blessing. Have a wonderful day! And may God continue to use you and be magnified through you. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.