Saturday, January 11, 2014

Strength Renewed




The care the eagle gives her young,
safe in her lofty nest,
is like the tender love of God
for us made manifest.

As when the time to venture comes,
she stirs them out to flight,
so we are pressed to boldly try,
to strive for daring height.

And if we flutter helplessly,
as fledgling eagles fall,
beneath us lift God's mighty wings
to bear us, one and all.

~ Deane Postlethwaite ~


Compliments of A Haven for Vee


Have you ever longed to be recharged?  I sure have!  We’re promised in God’s word if we're waiting, and trusting in Him; He will renew our strength.  In Isaiah 40:31, God compares the renewed strength  to wings of eagles. 


Compliments of A Haven for Vee

The Eagle is one of the strongest birds in the world. They have a wingspan of 5-7 feet, can expand and contract their wings and appear to be flying effortlessly, even in hurricane force winds.


But they that wait upon the LORD
shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
they shall run, and not be weary;
and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isaiah 40:31


We all in one way or another can relate to this verse; when you feel like you’re running on empty, when the storms of life hit you and you just can’t go on.

God can become your power to renew, refresh, and recharge you.  I have clung to this verse many times throughout my life and am so thankful for this promise. I encourage you to memorize it, hide God’s word in your heart and you’ll take it with you wherever you go.


My friend Vee, who blogs at A Haven For Vee had the opportunity to photograph a bald eagle.  You can read about her experience in two of her posts.

Bald Eagle ~ A Haven for Vee

Isaiah 40 ~ A Haven for Vee

Thank you Vee for letting me use your amazing photos in today's Scripture Thursday.  A perfect fit.

Thanks for stopping by today dear ones.  I hope this post has been an encouragement to you. 





14 comments:

  1. Abby, You have no idea how much I needed this post right now! It finds me in need of renewal, strength, and quiet time alone with God. Thanks for much for this timely reminder from God's Word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BEAUTIFUL Abby!!! From the photo's to your words!!! THANK YOU Abby!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for these wonderful words of life today, Abby. Many blessings for rest, peace and fun this weekend.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this… I saw an eagle the other day . I was telling everyone I know that was an eagle LOL the world over here thought It was not. I thought of how strong they are and it was actually flying really low. YOU know me I pulled over and watched it a long time. Thanks for the inspiration and putting the LORD in all you do. GOD bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Abby,thank you so much for your encouragement.I WAS running on empty this morning,I am going to stay in Isaiah 40 today...LORD bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Miss Abby,I found such encouragement in your post today!I was running on empty and I am going to sit and rest in Isaiah today... You are a blessing sister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all sure need a lift sometimes! This post reminded me of what Elisabeth Elliot says,"Remember, you are loved with an everlasting love and underneath are the everlasting arms!"

    Loved seeing the photos redone this way! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again you have given a timely word. Thank you so much.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Abby for such a wonderful word of encouragement! God's Word never fails to lift us up when we put our trust in Him. He is so faithful! A verse that's been on my heart this week is Ps 91:1-2. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am visiting from Donna at Brynwood Needleworks. Your blog is refreshing and beautiful. Happy New Year and Creative Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What stunning pictures! I will check out your friend's blog...this is a treasured scripture and a promise to always cling to. Praise God for His word, His faithfulness and for encouragement from sisters in Christ(you) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this scripture - thank you for your uplifting post. And Vee's photos are awesome!

    Hugs, dear Abby! I hope that you are having a good January!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Abby, this was such a blessing to my heart and a perfect post to read as I begin my day. Thank you so much!

    Have a beautiful Monday! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an interesting post and that photo of the eagle taking off is so interesting to me...the angle, that is. Are you feeling better yet? I'm praying for you, dear little birdie :) Blessings in Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.