Sunday, October 12, 2014

Our Ultimate Hope




HOPE ~ To look forward to with confidence or expectation according to the dictionary.

It’s also one of the most common inspirational words we see. It’s lettered on rocks, featured in wall art, and I've even seen a face cream that is called Hope.

Beyond the commonness, it’s a word people cling to that are in chronic pain, that have cancer, that are in desperate financial circumstances, and the countless other tragedies that come into our lives. I heard in the news, a victimized woman held captive said – “I never let hope disappear”. 


As Christians, our ultimate hope is not in this present life, but in the world unseen, our final destination of Heaven. If we choose to “hope in the Lord” as this scripture says, He will give us the strength to get through it, no matter our situation.

Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, 
all ye that hope in the Lord. 
Psalm 31:24


The WORDart I used to make this graphic was designed by Karen at Papercraftmemories.  I am closing comments today.  Have a blessed Sunday my friends.