Thursday, October 30, 2014

Sew a Needle Pulling Thread

compliments of the graphics fairy


Hello friends.  Awhile ago I posted a few pictures of my sewing room **here**.  Some of you asked to see things I had made.  I thought I'd show you some recent projects I've been working on.

One of the things I've made is Bible Bands.  I got the idea from Patter who blogs at Triple the Scraps. You can find her tutorial **here**.

The images below are Bible bands that I've made.  Of course if  you make one for a friend and another friend sees it, guess what?  You make another and another and another.....





I like small quick projects when it comes to sewing.  Another fun thing I started making over the summer is key fobs.  Pictured below is a basket of them I made as favors for my daughter's baby shower.  






Needle books are another thing I started making this year.  They are easy to make and are a nice gift to give.  You could even thread the needles in advance so they are ready to go.   I think this would make a nice gift to give at a bridal shower.  Something always needs to be tucked, pinned or stitched up quick on a wedding day.  



I like to re-purpose things and have made simple tote bags using clothing, shower curtains, pillow shams and placemats to name a few.  I am a bit of a fabric hoarder collector and am the go to girl in my family when a certain color of fabric is needed.





A lot of my sewing inspiration comes from pinterest.  You can see my boards **here**.

I hope you've enjoyed some of my projects.  Have a wonderful weekend.

  

9 comments:

  1. Abby thank you for your wonderful posts today about some simple creative projects. I have been looking for something easy to make after a pause from sewing.

    These are easy things I can make for my granddaughters or the ladies in my Bible Study.

    Blessings to you this day,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Abby, I have never seen these Bible bands! They are so cute! I just loved seeing your inspiring ideas! I needed this as I just sat down today and hemmed some curtains and made a few burp cloths! Sometimes I need a fun project to sew that I can just give away!
    And the little sewing kit! My grandson's would love these for their survival kits, of course I would have to use Camo fabric LOL
    Blessings to you! Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative and talented, my friend. I love the Bible bands - what a clever idea!

    I can tell each item is made with love and care. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Bible bands, Abby. I've never seen them before. I can imagine you get lots of interest in them at church.
    Love the key fobs & especially love the needle books. Such a lovely gift idea for a new bride.
    Thanks again for the lovely inspiration.
    Huggies & Sweet Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your needle sewing books are darling! I love your fabric choices :) Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I am the proud owner of two key fobs, I can vouch for your sewing skills. I am so like you in that I prefer smaller projects. I don't think I have enough attention power to stick to a bigger one. You bless your friends and family with your projects I know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Abby
    I sure did enjoy seeing all of the lovely things you have been sewing. A quick thing I make is pocket warmers with rice in them. They can be heated in the microwave and be put in pockets before going out into the cold. I use soft recycled winter coat fabric to make them. Blessings and hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Abby, thank you for showing us your latest creations. I have just gotten back into sewing after some time away, and I love your projects.

    Hugs,
    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Abby, I have not been in the blogging world for too long! So glad He brought me to yours today. Lovely projects and a
    delight to 'visit' a short while

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.